- 1920 The Weighing Machine Division of Kawanishi Kikai K.K. is founded.
- 1945 The Weighing Division of Kawanishi Kikai K.K. is reorganized as YAMATO SCALE Ltd.
- 1953 The first domestically made strain gauge load cells and Japan’s first electronic crane scale are produced.
- 1979 Dataweigh ® ADW-110, the first multihead weigher with load cells, is developed.
- 1980 The Datacell ® and its load cells are developed and approved by the P.T.B. in Germany.
The multihead weighers ADW-110, ADW-120, MDW-210, and SDW-220 are introduced.
- 1981 Yamato is granted the patents for Double Shift and Memory Bucket technology.
- 1985 Kumyong Yamato Scale Co., Ltd. is founded in Seoul, Korea
- 1986 Yamato Scale GmbH is founded in Düsseldorf, Germany.
The multihead weigher Series RA is launched.
- 1988 The multihead weigher Series RB is launched.
- 1990 Shanghai Yamato Scale Co., Ltd. is founded in Shanghai, China.
- 1992 Bejing Schouchang Yamato Electric Scale Co., Ltd. is founded in Peking, China.
- 1993 Yamato Corporation is founded in the US.
The multihead weigher Series Sigma with its Super Command Console is launched.
- 1994 Yamato Scale Dataweigh UK, Ltd. is founded in Leeds, UK.
- 1996 The introduction of the model ADW-510A marks the launch of the Basic Line multihead weigher Series Alpha.
Yamato is granted the patent for Digital Filter.
- 1998 Yamato Corporation Dataweigh Division is founded in the US.
- 1999 The Advanced Interactive Command Console is released.
- 2000 Yamato Scale France is founded.
The multihead weigher Series Sigma Plus is released.
- 2002 The multihead weigher Series Sigma Compact and Alpha Plus are introduced.
- 2003 The AICC-SE Console is released.
- 2004 The digital load cell is released.
- 2005 The technologically revolutionary concept of the Sigma-F1-Frontier is introduced.
- 2006 The multihead weigher Series Sigma-F1-Frontier is launched.
The Russian subsidiary is established in Moscow.
- 2008 A Yamato subsidiary is established in India.
- 2010 Yamato Scale GmbH is certified according to the DIN EN ISO 9001:2008.
Yamato Scale Benelux is founded.
The multihead weigher Series Dataweigh Omega is introduced.
- 2012 The Dynamic Tire Balancer DB-DHS1 with a capacity of 14 seconds per cycle is released.
- 2013 The West Coast Office of Yamato Corporation is founded in the U.S.A.
- 2014 Yamato Scale de México, S. de R.L. de C.V. is founded.
- 2015 The office for south-west Germany is founded in Krauchenwies, Germany.
Yamato Scale Thailand, Co., Ltd. is founded.
Introduction of the new Checkweigher I-Series + metal detector.
- 2016 The office for northern Germany is founded in Hamburg, Germany.
Yamato Scale Italy is founded.
The multihead weigher Series Alpha Advance is launched.
Introduction of the Checkweigher J-series.